- How easy and common it is to be the target of a lawsuit
- How to get massive protection for just pennies a day
- What you should know about what's not covered with Umbrella Insurance
- Tips on how to SAVE MONEY
- Insurance jargon demystified! What are you really getting? Find out here... ...and much, much more!
If insurance is for a rainy day, umbrella insurance is for a storm! A day when someone hits you with a lawsuit for hundreds of thousands, even millions, of dollars.
Think it can't happen to you? Just think for one minute about how lawsuit-crazy this country is. You can't pick up a newspaper these days without reading about somebody suing somebody else for . . . anything. You read the article and say, "That's crazy. There's no way somebody should be able to sue for that."
Well, guess what? The courts are clogged with these "crazy" lawsuits, and sometimes the person bringing the lawsuit wins. So do you really need coverage for crazy lawsuits? Maybe not.
But remember, a lot of lawsuits aren't crazy at all. Some get settled. Actually, most get settled. Often, the person being sued winds up having to pay the person who brought the lawsuit. Not to mention the fees the defendant has to pay to his or her attorney.